Sunday 13 May 2007

Locked Out

Forced by circumstances (my main pc died on me and it will take some time to get it fixed) I had to abstain from SL this weekend and will probably have to do so most of next week. I find it hard not to be able to log on and talk to people I've come to consider friends. Most of them know by now why I'm not around and I'll be back as soon as I can, but still it annoys me. Thankfully there are alternative ways of communicating. Bug your friends with mail to IM messages or through SLprofiles is always an option but it isn't quite the same as actually being there (come to think of it .. if you have never seen the movie "Being There" go and rent the DVD... NOW!).

That said it did give me the time to think about what I want with this blog. I got some thought provoking comments on the previous post and found TianaMeriman's blog because of it. I think I'll be writing a "Woman in SL part II" soon. If I find the time that is . I don't know how some people do it. Maintain a first and a second life, jobs in both, relationships in both, blog about all of it *shakes head* ... not sure I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, for starters, we only watch movies when the grid is down. ;)

Ow, and it's neat that if one of those friends-that-didn't-talk-to-you-for-a-month-or-so suddenly ask you how you've been, you don't need to spend time answering that but just copy paste your url. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am glad your computer broke down then, you write interesting stuff. Keep it up, I'll be reading.

Solange Korobase